Thursday, January 28, 2010

At All Times

I grew up in a disciplinarian environment. And as the one child a good bit different than the other three (at least that's what it felt like). We all learn this parenting thing as we go, and unfortunately most of us naturally act and react to our children in the same way our parents acted and reacted with us. So it's not a question of whether we'll receive healing and provide an environment for our children that is better (more full of grace) than what we had, because I think most of us are adamantly about that higher road. But the question is, "How long will it take to be the parent we want to be?" As we receive healing and learn to appropriate the abundant Divine graces into our thoughts and mentalities, we also verbalize the higher road over our lives and our children:

I WILL LOVE AT ALL TIMES.

I WILL TRAIN IN IDENTITY AND DIGNITY.

I WILL DISCIPLINE IN QUIETNESS AND SOFTNESS.

I WILL LOVE AT ALL TIMES.

No comments:

Post a Comment